Hello,

This is a reminder that the deadline to submit a paper to the Northwestern University Media, Technology, and Society graduate student conference, InfoSocial, is quickly approaching on April 15th. CFP is below. More information about submissions and the conference is available on the conference website: http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP. Please forward any questions to: [log in to unmask].

Thanks,

Casey Spruill

Northwestern University

PhD Student | Media, Technology & Society Program

Department of Communication Studies

Infosocial: Where information and the social sciences collide, Oct 12-13, 2012

A graduate student conference hosted by the Media, Technology and Society (MTS) program at Northwestern University

As the information infrastructure of contemporary social life becomes increasingly complex and visible, disparate modes of inquiry converge. We are surrounded by a proliferation of data that provides a unique window into a wide array of individual and collective behavior. The changes in the visibility and availability of such data have challenged the technical and conceptual boundaries of the social sciences. This, in turn, has triggered a growth in interdisciplinary collaboration and in methodological and theoretical innovation. Our conference aims to contribute to these collaborative and innovative developments by bringing together graduate student scholarship from across the academic spectrum.

We seek papers authored by graduate students that address relevant topics within and across disciplines, including contributions from communication and media studies, sociology, psychology, computer science, science and technology studies, information science, political science, and anthropology, among others.

Possible submission topics include (but are not limited to):

Important Information:
Extended abstract (500 words) submission deadline: April 15, 2012
Acceptance notification date: May 15, 2012
Conference date: October 12-13, 2012
Conference location: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois

Conference URL: http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP

Email: [log in to unmask]

To submit, please visit http://bit.ly/NUMTSconference and upload an extended abstract of no more than 500 words.

Note: There will be no fee to attend and/or participate in the conference. Meals will be provided and interested attendees may request to be housed with Northwestern students. While we can make no guarantees, we will do our best to accommodate requests.