I wrote a separate rely to Pamela, but I thought the rest of the listserv
might be interested in the scope and evolution of W.O.W.S.

We intentionally left the call for proposals open-ended so as to not limit
the range and scope of proposals people might submit.  We are looking for
proposals that could have the broadest appeal or the most replicable
results to an international audience of learning assistance and tutoring
program professionals.

In terms of the history/origin of the idea, at the 2011 NCLCA Conference,
Tacy and I were speaking with participants in our pre-conference institute
and heard more and more from them about the need for ongoing professional
development that was timely and affordable.  In consultation with the
NCLCA Board, we developed the W.O.W.S. offering and came up with a list of
topics for the first year of the series.  Tacy and I presented to nearly
50 learning assistance and tutoring center professionals from across the
U.S. on the topic of assessment and evaluation last month during our
inaugural offering of the W.O.W. series.  In addition to the proposal
topic of curriculum and program development, future topics for this year
will include approaches to advertising and "best of the NCLCA conference"
presentations.  Tacy and I work with a committee from the NCLCA Board to
review the proposals and we will work closely with the presenter(s) who
are chosen to develop and deliver the webinar and subsequent online
workshop.

If you have any other questions, Tacy and I are more than happy to answer
them. Otherwise, here is the online link to the proposal submission form -
https://bitly.com/WOWCallforProposals

Lisa

Lisa D'Adamo-Weinstein, Ph.D.
Director of Academic Support
SUNY Empire State College - Northeast Center
21 British American Boulevard
Latham, NY 12110
tel. (518) 783-6203 Ext. 5939
fax. (518) 783-6443