Dear Colleagues,

We have several proposals to review, but we wanted to give people the
weekend to finish writing any last minute submissions. So the new deadline
is Monday, June 4th.

NCLCA's Webinar and Online Workshops (WOWS) is looking for a presenter (or
co-presenters) to give an online webinar on the topic of Curriculum and
Program Development in learning and tutoring centers. If chosen, you can
make connections with other learning assistance professionals from across
the country, share your expertise, add a line to your resume and earn a
nominal speaker's fee (of $100 to $150 depending upon enrollment).

Please follow this link to the online submission form:
http://bitly.com/JOwQgf

A little background information on the series:
We have left the call intentionally open-ended so as to not limit the
range and scope of proposals people will submit.  We are looking for
proposals that might have the broadest appeal or the most replicable
results to an international audience of learning assistance and tutoring
program professionals.

At the 2011 NCLCA Conference, Dr. Tacy Holliday and I were speaking with
participants in our pre-conference institute and heard more and more from
them about the need for ongoing professional development that was timely
and affordable.  In consultation with the NCLCA Board, we developed the
W.O.W.S. offering and came up with a list of topics for the first year of
the series.  Tacy and I presented to nearly 50 learning assistance and
tutoring center professionals from across the U.S. on the topic of
assessment and evaluation last month during our inaugural offering of the
W.O.W. series.  In addition to the proposal topic of curriculum and
program development, future topics for this year will include approaches
to advertising and "best of the NCLCA conference" presentations.  Tacy and
I work with a committee from the NCLCA Board to review the proposal and we
will work closely with the presenter(s) who are chosen to develop and
deliver the webinar and subsequent online workshop.

Please feel free to contact Tacy ([log in to unmask]) or
I if you have any questions.

Looking forward to reading your proposals,
Lisa
Lisa D'Adamo-Weinstein, Ph.D.
Director of Academic Support
SUNY Empire State College - Northeast Center
21 British American Boulevard
Latham, NY 12110
tel. (518) 783-6203 Ext. 5939
fax. (518) 783-6443
http://necacademicsupport.pbworks.com
www.esc.edu/northeast

Helping you connect the pieces for academic success.