We just held an institute to train our full time and part-time faculty to teach this course. We are going 100% to this model in the fall and in the past we have employed reading instructors, writing instructors and also some with both credentials so it was important to help them come to a point of literacy to deliver instruction. We had Dr. Eric Paulson and Dr. Emily Payne from Texas State University lead the kickoff of the institute and then our faculty spent the rest of three days developing the course for delivery in the fall. They talked about strategies, research and provided a foundation from which to work. They both did an outstanding job. If you go onto the Texas State website and enter their names you can get their contact information. I would highly recommend them. Rebecca

 Rebecca Goosen EdD
 Associate Vice Chancellor for College Preparatory
 NADE President
San Jacinto College
 4624 Fairmont Parkway, Suite 203
 Pasadena, TX 77504-3398
 281-459-7667 (office)
 281-459-7627 (fax)

 Teaching is only demonstrating that something is possible.
 Learning is making it possible for you.
 Paulo Coelho

 We could learn a lot from crayons.
 Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull,
 Some have weird names and all are different colors...
 but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
 Unknown