Nicole,

I have a walk in tutoring program connected to our structured study program. It is open 5 nights a week in our cafeteria. Attendance examples are attached.

We have gotten buy in from administration and faculty through our athletic coaches. We chose the three teams that had the poorest CUM GPA as a team. For example, football had 2.3 and now has 3.0. By showing early success, we have been able to maintain the program.

If you would like more information, I am happy to share. Let me know.

Jenny

Jennifer Pippen
Assistant Director of Academic Support
NCLCA Professional Development Officer
Certified Learning Center Professional - Level Two

North Central College
309 E. School St.
Naperville, Illinois 60540
630-637-5264
630-637-5462 (fax)

>>> "Gertken, Nicole A" <[log in to unmask]> 5/22/2012 11:17 AM >>>

Hello Listeners,

I am currently looking into starting a walk-in tutoring program at my University and I was wondering if any of you have a walk-in tutoring program.  Have you found it to be cost effective?

Does anyone know of any research suggesting the effectiveness of walk-in tutoring programs? Currently seeking buy in from the administration so I need all the data I can get.

Please let me know if you would be willing to share any thoughts/information or experience.

Thanks,

Nicole Gertken

Nicole Gertken
Academic Services Coordinator
University College
Northern State University
(605) 626-3573
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau