I took the week off work while my parents are in town, and this morning my
father and I returned to Orlando Wetlands Park.  While only the usual
suspects were seen, I was delighted to find 10 Least Bitterns in the
park--I believe my previous record there was 6.  We also saw 3 Purple
Gallinules and a Crested Caracara.  Black-bellied Whistling Ducks could be
seen or heard just about everywhere we walked.  And several Snowy Egrets
were flying low over the water catching fish in mid-flight, which I always
love to watch.  All in all it was an enjoyable morning.  You can see photos
and a list of the 45 species we saw this morning at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/05/orlando-wetlands-park-5212012.html

Orlando Wetlands Park is just north of Rte 50 and west of the St. John's
River in Orange County.

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL