Hello,

A few students are doing a collaborative citizen-science project with
the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Program.  We're visiting backyards in a
rural to urban landscape gradient in the Gainesville area and taking
surveys.  Our goal is to band birds, monitor nests, and teach residents
about conservation.

The project was started in 2000, but this is the first year that data
is being collected from Gainesville.  I was wondering if you could
forward this message to the list-serv to see if anyone was interested in
us visiting his or her yard.

We prefer to come out by 7:00am and we stay for a few hours.  Residents
do not need to be present, but they are more than welcome to stick
around.

The contact e-mail is [log in to unmask], or I can be
reached at 920-860-5322.

Thanks!

Teresa Burlingame

920-860-5322