1. A question for those who use the python SNA library networkX. Is anyone
familiar if there is an implementation of burts structural holes measures
in networkX?

I've checked the discussion group:
https://groups.google.com/group/networkx-discuss/
and the docs: http://networkx.lanl.gov/reference/algorithms.html

but couldn't find anything. I know that UCINet has measures for those as
shown here: http://faculty.ucr.edu/~hanneman/nettext/C9_Ego_networks.htm

2. On a more general note: Is there any document discussing the network
oriented measure of social capital (brokerage or bonding) given a network
and its structure?
The best I could find is this very interesting document
http://www.horizons.gc.ca/doclib/Measurement_E.pdf with the
title:"Measurement of Social Capital  Reference Document
for Public Policy Research, Development, and Evaluation"

Best Regards
Thomas Plotkowiak
Research Assistant
MCM Institute