Hi Jon,
you may find interesting this paper:

"Diverse Dimension Decomposition of an Itemset Space"
Tsytsarau et al., ICDM 2011.

Best Regards,
Michele Dallachiesa

On Jun 15, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Jon Brassey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I apologise if this turns out to be a really basic request, I've not
> been properly involved in SNA for many years.
>
> I'm involved in a clinical search engine and I'm acutely aware that
> there are networks within this 'space', these include:
> 	 Between articles (e.g. citations, appearing in same journal)
> 	 Between users (e.g. same country, same clinical interests, same
> search terms)
> 	 Between users and articles (e.g. articles viewed, articles saved)
> In my mind I'm picturing these as a series of networks which overlap
> each other.  I'm really interested in examining these networks to
> look for hidden value.  I can see this being used to improve search
> results, facilitate 'serendipity' etc.
>
> Can anyone point me to suitable references to help explore this area
> (overlapping networks of different 'types', networks and search,
> networks and 'serendipity'?  Similarly, if any academics want to
> work with us to exploit this potential I'd be delighted to discuss
> this with them.
>
> Best wishes
>
> jon
>
> --
> Jon Brassey
> TRIP Database
> http://www.tripdatabase.com
> TILT
> http://tilt.tripdatabase.com

Michele Dallachiesa
PhD candidate

Database and Information Management Group
DISI - University of Trento
Via Sommarive, 14 - 38123 Povo (TN) - Italy
Academic homepage: http://disi.unitn.it/~dallachiesa
Interactive graph exploration: http://www.graphinsight.com