Hi Thomas,

In the meantime, Burt's constraint is implemented in iGraph. If you are already working in python, its not particularly difficult to move your network from one package to the other. The only real catch is that the packaged versions of iGraph (0.54) do not make querying nodes by label/name as easy as it is in Networkx. iGraph 0.6 fixes this but you'll have to build from source.

The iGraph team have a very active mailing list for more help (its worth checking the archives or lots of code snippets): <[log in to unmask]>

Take care,
BERNiE

Dr Bernie Hogan
Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/hogan/