Dear all – this message will be sent to all graduate students tomorrow.
Feel free to advise them how your program inputs data into the Final Examination field in GIMS in order to meet the deadline for graduation.
******************INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********
July 17, 2012
To: Summer 2012 Degree Candidates
Cc: Graduate Coordinators, Graduate Staff
RE: Deadline for submitting Final Examination Data in GIMS by 5:00 pm Thursday, July 26, 2012.
In accordance with Graduate Council policy, all graduate degree programs require a final culminating experience.
For some degree candidates, this is the final defense of your thesis or dissertation. For others, this may be the completion of a project, a capstone course, a traditional examination, or other mechanism determined by your academic unit.
Regardless of the format, all degree candidates must satisfy this milestone.
Graduating students are responsible for verifying final examination data in GIMS (Graduate Information Management System).
Not all programs use the term “Final Examination”, so check with your academic unit as to how/when this information gets submitted to GIMS.
1. Log in to ISIS: http://www.isis.ufl.edu/
2. Select **Graduate Student Info** from the "My Resources" menu on the right
3. Select **Grad School Info Systems (GIMS) from the menu on the right
4. Log in to GIMS, by clicking on the "Continue to Gatorlink authentication" link and using your Gatorlink ID and password.
5. Find/select the degree program for which you have applied to graduate this semester
6. Scroll down to the "Final Exam" field; make sure the date (mm/dd/yyyy) is in the Final Exam
Field. To be valid, the date must fall within the Spring 2012 or Summer 2012 term. (If your dates are not in this range, contact your Academic unit/Department for assistance.)
7. If your final exam will take place between now and July 26, it is vital that the data is entered before 5:00 p.m. on July 26, 2012.
IF THE FINAL EXAM DATE IS MISSING, INCORRECT OR OUTSIDE THE DATE RANGE, CONTACT YOUR ACADEMIC UNIT/DEPARTMENT FOR ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
If you are not able to meet the July 26, 2012 deadline, please plan on enrolling and applying for a degree award in a future term.
UF Graduate Student Records
PO Box 115500
Gainesville, FL 32611