Hello All,
I'm looking for some advice on a method for transforming actor level
data into an adjacency matrix.
Specifically, I have data of firms and their directors and I'm trying
to construct a 2-mode network of firms and shared directors. The data
are organized so that each row is a director (with a unique ID that is
consistent throughout the data) and a variable indicating their firm.
So if Director A serves on the board of three firms he/she appears in
the data three times, three separate rows, and the value of the firm
variable is different for each appearance, indicating which firm they
serve on. I'm trying to figure out a strategy for converting this into
a 2-mode matrix. If anyone has any advice on this, or can recommend a
resource for help in constructing matrices, I would greatly appreciate
it.
Thank you

--
Richard Benton