Richard,

This is a simple task in R - a free statistical package you could download.

I'm making some assumptions about the structure of your data, namely that
it is two columns structure like so:

PersonID, Firm
001, ABC Corp.
001, Acme Inc.
002, ABC Corp.
etc.

If so, then you should be able to accomplish what you want with this code:

library(igraph)

# get the data
el <- read.csv("overlappingDirectors.csv")

# read it in as an edgelist
g <-  graph.edgelist(as.matrix(el))

# we need to define it as bipartite by adding a boollean type variable to
the vertices
V(g)$type <- bipartite.mapping(g)$type

# for two-mode networks, the adjacency matrix is often called an incidence
matrix
inc <- get.incidence(g)

# now output the matrix
write.csv(inc,"incidenceMat.csv")