***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi Danielle,

Consider preloading a list into a name generator and then having it work like the search bar in Facebook - i.e. people start typing a name and the name pops up underneath. That gives you the compromise of free recall and the precision of structured text. Coding such things is certainly in the remit of a student with experience in jquery / css / mysql [standard web tools] and a sprinkling of network analysis.

I can show you off list how I am doing this in a recent study, but I can't publicly expose the URL at the moment.

Take care,
BERNiE

Dr Bernie Hogan
Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford