Subject: Brown Thrashers nesting in the ‘hood.

Hi all:

This morning, Monday, July 23, 2012, I observed one adult and one fledgling Brown Thrasher. This area, where I live, is just north of Tri-City Plaza.  For two years now, at about the same time of year, I have observed Brown Thrashers.  I have suspected that the thrashers are nesting in the area.  I have heard the birds singing over the last month or so.  I did not get a photo of the bob tailed fledgling, as it flew across the road into dense vegetation.

Brown Thrasher • 072312 • Tri-City Plaza area, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/7632969896/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/7632969634/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/7632969318/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/7632968908/in/photostream