Elena,

There exists notions of c-p structure that are just fine for weighted
networks (such as two I have helped developed, though only one is written
up and publicly available so far), but you seem to have a specific method
in mind.  As you did not state the method you're using, it's impossible
for me to state whether or not _that specific method_ can handle it.

-----
Mason

> Date:    Wed, 29 Aug 2012 07:10:27 +0200
> From:    Elena Pavan <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: 2mode core-periphery model
>
> --0016e649863e7fcda404c8609550

> Hi all,
>
> does anyone knows what could be the problem if i continue to obtain a 0
> score of fitness in a core-periphery model run on a 2mode network which is
> weighted and is done my textual items by speaker? ex. "home" by "speaker
> 1"; "a beautiful home" by "speaker 2". To avoid possible problems due to
> the use of c-p with weighted networks (is it possible?) I also dichotomized
> using different thresholds - to get a good number of 0 thus maintaining
> relationships that are plausible for my research questions.
>
> matrixes i am using are rather small (13x5; 32x5; 115x5; 17x5); but if i
> use the davis 2mode dataset on women and events the blockmodelling seems to
> work just fine...so there must be something with the data (transposition
> did not sort any effect either).
> any advice or comment will be appreciated,
>
> thanks in advance
> elena
>
> --=20
>
> Elena Pavan, Ph.D.
> Post Doctoral Research Fellow
> Dipartimento di Sociologia e Ricerca Sociale
> Universit=E0 di Trento
> via Verdi 26, 38122 Trento (Italy)
> http://www.reactionproject.info
> tel: +39 0461 28 1378