Dear colleagues,

There is a large amount of work in transport planning and traffic
engineering, but mostly on GPS data. The accuracy of the GSM traces is in
native mode not high enough to identify "trips", as defined in these
disciplines. GSM data gives you something else.

See for example

	www.tomtom.com

	For enriched maps, including speed-profile derived from user data (GPS
data)

Or, for example

	Schüssler, N. (2010) Accounting for similarities between alternatives in
discrete choice models based on high-resolution observations of transport
behaviour, Dissertation, ETH Zürich, Zürich.

	(See the review of GPS processing literature there and in her later
papers)

Or the work of

	Rein Ahas
	Shlomo Bekhor