***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Thanks Örjan. This is great! I'd also love to see what other experience people have with this.

Zachary Rice

Survey Methodologist / Project Manager
Institute for the Theory and Practice of International Relations
The College of William and Mary
+1 (757) 221-1416

On Aug 1, 2012, at 2:44 PM, Örjan Bodin wrote:

Hi Zachary et al,

We recently ran a complete network web survey with 117 organizations were we used a pre-complied list of all 117 organizations sorted by country. It went ok, however I think, based on respondents' feedbacks, that browsing through a list of significant more organizations/names than 117 might make it too tiring for respondents to fill in their relations. If >200 organizations or so are to be included in a pre-compiled list, I think it will be necessarily to use some kind of intelligent search/filter function to avoid drowning the respondent with names. Perhaps others on the list have some experiences on this? Would be very interesting to hear about!

The web survey and the results are presented in "Österblom, H., & Bodin, Ö. (2012). Global Cooperation among Diverse Organizations to Reduce Illegal Fishing in the Southern Ocean. Conservation Biology, 26(4), 638-64".  The layout of the online survey is part of the supplementary material.

Hopefully this might be useful,
Örjan

Dr. Örjan Bodin
Theme leader / Associate Professor
Stockholm Resilience Centre
Stockholm University
SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Kräftriket 2B
Tel: +46 (0)8 674 7671
Mobile: +46 (0)703 410121
www.stockholmresilience.su.se/bodin

New book out: Social networks and natural resource management
http://www.cambridge.org/us/knowledge/discountpromotion/?site_locale=en_US&code=L2SNNRM