***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** xkcd has done something similar but not identical on a longitudinal basis for Lord of The Rings, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and a couple of others. Given how influential that particular webcomic is, I wouldn't be surprised if it has spawned imitators.

--
Sent from my command-line

On 15 August 2012 08:59, Mason Alexander Porter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Something I've been wondering for a while: Has anybody set up the network for the Lord of the Rings and other parts of the Tolkien-verse (the books, not just the movie).  It seems that would be well within the spirit of what he was doing in the first place...

-----
Mason

Date:    Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:58:17 -0700
From:    Brian Keegan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Movie Scripts into Social Networks

--e89a8ff1c75aaab21a04c73e64e7

If anyone is as tired of analyzing the network of Les Miserables characters
as I am, here you go:

http://moviegalaxies.com/movies

via: https://twitter.com/Gephi/status/235444068681916416

-----
Mason

 Mason A. Porter
 University Lecturer (and Tutorial Fellow, Somerville College)
 Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
 Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford

 Homepage: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm, Skype: tepid451
 Blog: http://masonporter.blogspot.com/