Hi all,

As several socnet members are actively involved in the learning analytics community, a new initiative by the Society for Learning Analytics Research (http://www.solaresearch.org/) might be of interest to researchers and/or doctoral students: Distributed Research Lab: http://www.distributedlab.net/

 The distributed lab is akin to the open science movement and will operate much like an on campus lab with regular peer/faculty feedback on student research activity, methodology, etc. With the growing interest in analytics in education, developing a solid research base is an important priority for researchers. (We are planning annual face-to-face summer schools to provide a more "blended" experience for participants).

 If you or possibly your students are interested in joining, please share the above link with them and/or contact me for more info on the initiative, and expectations of researchers and students.

 btw - the 3rd annual learning analytics conference will be held in Leuven in 2013 - details, including call for papers, can be found here: http://lakconference2013.wordpress.com/

 Take care,

George