Hey everyone,

I stopped by Mead Garden yesterday late afternoon to see if any migrants were going through.  It wasn't too exciting, but as usual, there were still a few birds around:

Tricolored Heron
White Ibis
Black Vulture
Osprey
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Red-Tailed Hawk
White-Winged Dove (1)
Mourning Dove
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (1 female)
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker (2 birds seen together in picnic area)
Pileated Woodpecker
Empidonax sp. (1, near the boardwalk entrance next to the creek, near where the Louisiana Waterthrush was last week; it was definitely a bigger, larger-billed empid with a greenish cast on the back and a whitish belly, so I assume it was probably an Acadian, but the bird didn't respond to any vocals I played: Acadian, Willow and Alder; and no it definitely wasn't an Eastern Wood-Pewee)
Great Crested Flycatcher (1)
Red-Eyed Vireo (3)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Barn Swallow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher (1 - heard only, hadn't had one at Mead for awhile!)
Northern Waterthrush (1, boardwalk)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (1)
Prairie Warbler (1)
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
House Finch

Mead Garden is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Orlando Ave.) and Orange Ave. in Winter Park, north-central Orange County.  Once I get going this morning, I'll head over to Leu Gardens to see how things are going there (and maybe then back to Mead if things are really good!!).  I'll keep you all posted.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.