HOSA Members,

Each year, Health Occupations Students of America chapters all around the
nation celebrate HOSA Week.  HOSA Week, which will be held November 4th -
10th this year, is a time that students come together to educate the
community while raising money for a wonderful cause.  Our selected topic
for this year is Cystic Fibrosis. Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited chronic
disease that impacts the lungs and the digestive system.  People with
Cystic Fibrosis produce unusually thick mucus, and therefore often face
obstruction of the lungs, as well as severe infections. Each year, nearly
1,000 people are diagnosed, with approximately 70% of people being
diagnosed by the age of two.

HOSA at UF will be joining the HOSA chapters from around the nation in
celebrating HOSA Week.  Members who are interested in joining this
committee will be involved in the planning and directing of events, such as
tabling in Turlington, educational conferences, thanking our health
professionals, and volunteering with those impacted by Cystic Fibrosis. As
always, we are open to any ideas that our members have, and we encourage
you to take part in this exciting time of year.

Our first HOSA Week committee meeting will be held tonight:

           *September 18th, 2012 at 6:00pm in the Reitz room 355.*
*
*
If you would still like to take part in our HOSA Week committee, but are
unable to attend our event, please email us for more information.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing at the meeting!

Sincerely,
Executive Board,
HOSA at UF, 2012 - 2013
--