Hi Francisco,

I'm quite sure that these are members of the Virgulariidae ... the (internal)
calcareous axial rod often penetrates the soft parts distally, what I've seen
in specimens in the intertidal of Queensland, Australia...
For more informations your colleague should contact Gary Williams at the
California Academy of Sciences (Zoolohy and Geology) in San Francisco.

Cheers,
Mike

--------------
Dr. Mike Reich
Curator (Geology, Palaeontology, Mineralogy) & Associate Director (Museum)
Geoscience Centre of the University of Göttingen, Museum, Collections &
Geopark
Goldschmidt-Str. 1-5, D-37077 Göttingen, Germany
Tel.: +49-(0)551-39-7998
Funk: +49-(0)151-14745793
Fax: +49-(0)551-397918
Email: [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Skype: mike.reich
http://www.geomuseum.uni-goettingen.de/people/mreich/index.shtml
http://www.geomuseum.uni-goettingen.de

Archivist of the "Paläontologische Gesellschaft" (German Palaeontological
Society; established in 1912 at Greifswald University)
http://www.palges.de

Co-coordinator (object digitisation) of the project "Johann Friedrich
Blumenbach - online" (2010 to 2024),
Göttingen Academy of Sciences
http://www.blumenbach-online.de