REMINDER

Date:   October 8, 2012

To:     All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF I-Cubed Program

RE:     This Wednesday: 2012 Graduate Student Research Day Abstract Deadline

2012 GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH DAY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA

Important: If you want to submit an abstract to present a poster at the event and/or participate in the poster contest, please submit your abstract application as soon as possible. We have limited space for posters and we will be accepting abstracts on first come first serve basis.

-- Deadline for registering an Abstract - October 10, 2012
-- Deadline for registering without abstract (i.e., no poster) - October 12, 2012

-- Theme of the Day: Professional Development
-- Date: October 23, 2012
-- Location: Grand Ballroom & Meeting Rooms (284-287), Reitz Union

Graduate Student Research Day is an annual event featuring research from graduate students in all disciplines.  It features posters from hundreds of students, roundtable discussions and workshops on topics of professional development. The event is open to all graduate students. We encourage undergraduate students participating in research activities to attend the event. The event is also open to all postdoctoral fellows/associates, researchers and faculty.

This year's Graduate Student Research Day is themed around Professional Development. The event will offer an array of workshops and round-table discussions around the following topics: scientific writing, finding a job post-graduation, UF resources for graduate students and other topics of professional development.

Graduate Student Research Day will feature a Poster Contest with awards given to the highest-scoring posters. The poster winners will receive a monetary award that can be used for research related travel and/or lab supplies. There will be also honorable mentions as well. The posters will be judged by a team of faculty, staff, community members, and graduate students during the Poster Session on October 23, 2012. Participation in the poster contest is optional; you may submit an abstract for a poster without entering the contest.

All are encouraged to attend and participate. To do so, please register at http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/2012-graduate-student-research-day/.