You should take a look at the General Social Survey items on friendship
networks.  There are many years of data, and they are quite well known.

best,
Martina

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Daryl Sweet wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi all,
> I am emailing to request any information on or links to general population social network data that you
> know of.
>
> We are conducting a study looking at the social networks of individual's with severe mental illness
> using multiple name generator items and would like some data (raw or in publications) with which to
> contextualise our findings.
>
> Having had a hunt myself I can't find anything useful so it would be a great help if someone could
> advise.
>
> With thanks in advance,
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Daryl Sweet
> Research Officer
> Rethink Mental Illness
> 020 7840 3071
>
> For information on our email policy, including confidentiality and viruses, visit
> http://www.rethink.org/emailpolicy
>
> Rethink Mental Illness is the operating name of the National Schizophrenia Fellowship, a company
> limited by guarantee. Registered in England Number 1227970. Registered charity no. 271028. Registered
> Office 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.

> message.

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:	(206) 685-3402