Dear Juan:

You may consult with the historical data sets specified in:
Z. Maoz. R. Kuperman, L. Terris., and I. Talmud (2006). _"Structural
Equivalence and International Conflict, 1816-2000: A Social Networks
Analysis of Dyadic Affinities and Conflict."_
<http://soc.haifa.ac.il/%7Etalmud/pdf/strucequiv4.pdf>. /Journal of
Conflict Resolution/ 50: 664-689)

????? Juan MC Larrosa:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if anyone knows reference on social networks and their
> influence (political or economical) in colonial times in America (or another
> parts of the World where colonies did exist). Actually a colleague and I are
> working with a network of marriage and compadrazgo ties (Padgett-style) in
> colonial Buenos Aires and its influence in the political process previous to
> May Revolution of 1810 that began the war of independence in what is now
> Argentina.
>
> I actually google it but any further reference will be greatly thanked.
> Specially if it has been published in any history journal.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Juan MC Larrosa

Prof. Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Chair, Graduate Studies Committee,
Head, Economic Sociology
Head, Theoretical Sociology,
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
University of Haifa
Phones: 972-4--8240992 (direct)
Cell: 972-522-220914
972-4-8240995 / 8249505 (secretaries)