From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Krebs [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 October 2012 14:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Recruitment networks of the EU Football teams (was visualization contest in Portoroz..)

Teresio,

You may also find this application of SNA to sport of interest... SNA applied to relationships between players off and on the field.

http://www.thenetworkthinkers.com/2008/12/team-chemistry-wins-again.html

Enjoy!

 ValdisKrebs
http://orgnet.com
http://thenetworkthinkers.com

On Oct 3, 2012, at 8:37 AM, Teresio Poggio wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I found very interesting a presentation given at the Portoroz Sunbelt
> in 2004 (visualization contest) on the recruitment networks of the EU
> Football teams.
> I would like to find that work and/or any publication deriving from
> it. Further developed works on the topic ...  similar studies
>
> I'm currently designing a course on empirical methods for the
> management of sport (undergrad.) and I would like to give some
> examples of studies from an SNA perspective.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot remember who were the authors of the
> presentation, nor I could find traces of it.
> Any help in tracing that presentation will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Teresio
>

> --
> Dr. Teresio Poggio
> Assistant Professor
> School of Economics and Management
> Universitätsplatz 1 - Piazzetta dell'Università, 1
> 39031 Bruneck-Brunico, Italy
> Email: [log in to unmask]
> T: +39 0474 013642
> F: +39 0471 013009

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by guarantee,
registered in England (reg. no. 986729).  Registered office:
Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9LS.