Hallo,

I write to announce the publication of my book:

G. Caldarelli, M. Catanzaro “Networks. A Very Short Introduction”
Oxford University Press.

financial market, networks play a central role in nature and society.
Phenomena such as climate change, pandemics, and financial crises are
based on networked structures; and networks give insights into how
social environments affect health and behaviour. In this Very Short
Introduction, Guido Caldarelli and Michele Catanzaro discuss the
nature and variety of networks, using familiar examples from society,
technology, nature, and history. They show how networks self-organize
and the role they play in processes like large-scale blackouts and
computer virus outbreaks. They also describe the wide and important
applications of network theory in a range of areas, including
genetics, ecology, technology, and management.
http://bit.ly/TXiOtA (UK)
http://bit.ly/VHFbKk (US)
A short video (http://youtu.be/NRWSF1c0Ez0) and a blogpost
(http://blog.oup.com/2012/10/networks-very-short-introduction/) on the
subject.

How to get it (£7.99, $11.95):
--Bookshops in UK and USA.
--Bookshops in Spain. Possibly, in La Central and Laie in the next few
days: if you are interested, send me an email and I will alert you
when the book is available there.
--Amazon. http://amzn.to/PGUV8w
--Other online booksellers. http://bit.ly/RXxjxj (for example)
--Ebook. soon available for Kindle and other platforms: if you are
interested, send me an email and I will alert you when they are
available.

Please, diffuse the announcement to your contacts and ask the book for
your library, if you think it is interesting.

More about networks:
www.exploringnetworks.com
www.facebook.com/exploringnetworks
www.twitter.com/networks_ (English)
www.twitter.com/_redes_ (Spanish)
www.twitter.com/_xarxes_ (Catalan)
www.twitter.com/_reti_ (Italian)

Thanks for your attention!

Best,

Michele Catanzaro

PS: Link to the info contained in this email: http://exploringnetworks.com/?p=30

--
http://sites.google.com/site/catanzaromichele/
http://es.linkedin.com/in/michelecatanzaro

NETWORKS, A VERY SHORT INTRODUCTION, G. Caldarelli and M. Catanzaro,
Oxford University Press
Publication: October 2012 (estimated)
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199588077.do