This morning the Geneva Wilderness Area was a bit slower than it was my
last visit in September, but it was a gorgeous morning, so I'm not
complaining.  I found my first fall House Wren there, and an assortment of
what you'd expect to find--Eastern Towhees, White-eyed Vireos, Tufted
Titmice, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Pileated, Red-bellied and Downy
Woodpeckers, etc.  Most of the activity was by the chapel and the ponds
nearby it.  Wood Ducks and Killdeer were there at the ponds, and an
immature Bald Eagle landed in a tree right above me at the chapel.  I
didn't find a single Pine Warbler, but I did find three Brown-headed
Nuthatches there, and I posted photos at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/10/brown-headed-nuthatches-at-genva-wa.html#
.

Geneva Wilderness Area is on Rte 426 just south of Rte 46 in Geneva, FL

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL