I went to Central Winds for about an hour before work this morning, hoping
to find the Blue-winged Warbler that was seen over the weekend (didn't find
it).  Things started off pretty slow, though 19 Black-bellied Whistling
Ducks landed by the pond.  I found few warblers (compared to usual), and
only 7 total species: Ovenbird, Black-and-white Warbler, Common
Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Northern Parula, Magnolia Warbler, and
Yellow-throated Warbler.  It was an overcast morning, and things remained
quiet until the sun started to poke through the clouds (sometime around
8:30).  Then things started to get more active, and I found a Scarlet
Tanager and 3 Indigo Buntings (all females). Of course, as things were
getting good, I had to go. My biggest photographic highlight was an
American Kestrel.  It flew toward me (!) and landed on the goal post in the
ball fields.

I posted photos at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/10/central-winds-park-1082012.html#.
 Central Winds is on Rte 434 in Winter Springs just west of Rte 417.

Happy birding,

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL