An hour ago I sent the following report about a Vermilion Flycatcher in
Hernando County. The finder of the bird, Darcy Love, looked for the bird
this afternoon from 1:45 to 3:30, and couldn't find it.

Here is my original report:

At 6:30 pm on Sunday, October 7, Darcy Love took a photo of a male Vermilion
Flycatcher at Weekiwachee Preserve in Hernando County. (I am not attaching
Darcy's picture, since I don't yet have permission from him.) He found it at
the end of the paved road on a fence near the restroom, 1.1 mile from the
south entrance on Osowaw.

This morning Jim McKay, Al Hansen and I looked for bird, without having
specific knowledge of where on the vast preserve Darcy had seen it. Twice we
walked past the location where Darcy had found the bird, but did not see it,
so it may have moved on.

To reach Weekiwachee Preserve, from the intersection of US-19 and Spring
Hill Drive (CR-574) in Spring Hill, Hernando County, just north of Wal-Mart,
turn west from the traffic light onto Osowaw Blvd. (CR-595), and follow the
road through a right and left turn, then turn right into the parking area
for the Preserve (0.7 miles from the traffic light). Walk 1.1 miles north on
the paved road to the inner parking lot, where there is a restroom.

Bev Hansen

Spring Hill, FL