I will be visiting Florida, as I do almost annually, in late December. I am inquiring about how one goes about chartering a boat to see the Flamingos in the Everglades. This would be a much-prized life bird. I do NOT want to walk the Snake Bight trail - I have tried it before and failed, and/or been chased back by the mosquitos (in December as well as other months). The idea that I would endure that pain, get to the end, and still not see the birds, is more than I can handle! So I am specifically looking for information on recent boat charters - how to do this, and what the experience and cost were. Thanks!

Jennifer Rycenga
Half Moon Bay, CA
visit http://birding.sequoia-audubon.org/
The San Mateo County Birding Guide