Hey y'all--

I am out of the house before sunrise most days.  For the past several weeks I have been hearing a pair of Great Horned Owls calling.  This evening, just after dark, they were calling again.  I was able to locate them at the corner of Alhambra Way S and Fairway Ave, in s. St. Pete.  This is an area just north of 54th Ave s.  In the past we have had one at Boyd Hill (just a few blocks north).  But to my knowledge these are the first to spill into the neighborhood.  Great, soft, deep, repetitive calls.

Regards,
Lee Snyder
St Petersburg