Hey everyone,

First of all, I didn't realize today was 10/11/12 until just now.  That's way more fun than the rest of the world's 11/10/12!  Anyway, I digress...

Today I finally had the chance to get back to my local patches.  I birded Mead Garden from about 8:15 this morning until 10:45.  Leu Gardens was birded from 11 AM to 1 PM.  The birds were similar in both locations, but there were some minor differences:

Mead Garden:

Wood Duck
White Ibis
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe (1)
White-Eyed Vireo (1)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Tufted Titmouse
House Wren (2)
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Swainson's Thrush (3-4)
Gray Catbird (4)
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Black-and-White Warbler (1)
Common Yellowthroat (4)
American Redstart (1)
Black-Throated Blue Warbler (2)
Palm Warbler (15)
Pine Warbler (6)
Prairie Warbler (2)
Scarlet Tanager (3)
Northern Cardinal
Indigo Bunting (at least 3)
Red-Winged Blackbird
House Finch

Barbara Taylor also saw Red-Eyed Vireos, but I couldn't get on any today.  Mead Garden is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Orlando Ave.) and Orange Ave. in Winter Park, north-central Orange County.

Leu Gardens:

Double-Crested Cormorant
Anhinga
Osprey
Cooper's Hawk (2)
Bald Eagle (1 adult)
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Red-Tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
White-Eyed Vireo (6)
Blue Jay
Tufted Titmouse
House Wren (1)
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Gray-Cheeked Thrush (1)
Swainson's Thrush (1)
Gray Catbird (5)
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher (9)
Black-and-White Warbler (3)
Common Yellowthroat (1)
American Redstart (6)
Magnolia Warbler (1)
Blackpoll Warbler (1)
Prairie Warbler (1)
Scarlet Tanager (1)
Northern Cardinal
Indigo Bunting (2)
Common Grackle
Boat-Tailed Grackle
House Finch

Leu Gardens is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Mills Ave.) and Virginia Ave. in northern downtown Orlando, north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.