Hey everyone,

I had a limited amount of time for birding today, so I headed to my closest local patch to see what was around.  It looks like I should have headed to Mead for the Clay-Colored Sparrow. I still need that bird for Florida!  Ah well, today's walk at Leu was pleasant enough, and there were a few birds around.  I arrived at 11:15 and left just after 1:00:

Wood Duck
Double-Crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Red-Tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe (1)
White-Eyed Vireo (3)
Blue Jay
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet (1, my first of fall)
Gray-Cheeked Thrush (1)
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Black-and-White Warbler (4)
Common Yellowthroat (1)
American Redstart (2)
Black-Throated Blue Warbler (1 male)
Palm Warbler (6)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (3)
Prairie Warbler (2)
Summer Tanager (1 gorgeous male)
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle

Leu Gardens is near the intersection of US-17/92 (Mills Ave.) and Virginia Ave. in northern downtown Orlando, north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.