Hi all,

Went to Bald Point chasing the cold front, but forgot to bring my camera.

At end of road, near the fishing dock, spent 15 minutes studying a Says Phoebe that was flycatching from the same branch with two Eastern Phoebes.

It was the same size and had same behavior as the Easterns--tail dipping, flycatching.

While Sibley's and Nat Geo describe a "pale rufous" or "tawny" belly, this bird was bright pink from vent to mid-breast.

The throat and top third of breast were streaky gray.  And the forehead was pink in a certain light.  All of this coloration differs from the guides.

The Western Kingbird was flycatching near the boardwalk/observation deck near the end of the road.

Other highlights with this cold front:

~200 white pelicans soaring high

Many dozens of palm warblers arrived with the winds and were seen in flocks throughout the morning.

Other warblers:  Many yellow rumps.  1 blackpoll, 1 black throated green, 1 yellow throated, 1 common yellowthroat, 1 (Northern?) waterthrush

4 Merlins seen in same binoc view

2 Peregrine falcons interacting

Bald eagles: 2 adults, 1 juvenile

House wren

2 YB sapsuckers

1 Chipping and 1 swamp sparrow

summer tanager

Great day for birding.  Wish I didn't forget the camera.

Bill Phelan

Tallahassee