Hey everyone,

I took a very slow walk around Leu Gardens this morning.  The warbler variety wasn't particularly high, but the numbers of birds were decent.  I arrived just after the Gardens opened at 9 and I left at about 12:40.  There was plenty to see:

Wood Duck
Double-Crested Cormorant
Anhinga
Great Blue Heron
Snowy Egret
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Common Gallinule
Mourning Dove
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (1)
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker (1)
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe (2)
White-Eyed Vireo (2)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Tufted Titmouse
House Wren (2)
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher (lots!)
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet (1)
Gray-Cheeked Thrush (1)
Swainson's Thrush (2)
Gray Catbird (10)
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Black-and-White Warbler (5)
Common Yellowthroat (1)
American Redstart (12 - only one adult male)
Northern Parula (7)
Magnolia Warbler (2)
Black-Throated Blue Warbler (3 females)
Palm Warbler (8)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (4)
Northern Cardinal
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (2)
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Boat-Tailed Grackle
Baltimore Oriole (1)
House Finch

Leu Gardens is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Mills Ave.) and Virginia Ave. in northern downtown Orlando, north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.