Hey everyone,

After the fun morning at Leu Gardens, I decided to do a Mead Garden extension tour.  I arrived just before 1:00 and I stayed for a little over an hour.  It was a little quieter than Leu, being later in the day, but there was still some good stuff:

Wood Duck
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Cooper's Hawk
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
White-Eyed Vireo (2)
Blue Jay
Tufted Titmouse
House Wren
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Common Yellowthroat (1)
American Redstart (1)
Northern Parula (2)
Magnolia Warbler (1)
Black-Throated Blue Warbler (1 male)
Palm Warbler (around 30)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (1)
Northern Cardinal
Indigo Bunting (3)

A non-birding highlight was the Gopher Tortoise that crossed the parking lot as I was getting out of my car.  Also, other birders reported Black-and-White Warblers, a Scarlet Tanager and a Baltimore Oriole.

Mead Garden is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Orlando Ave.) and Orange Ave. in Winter Park, north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.