Hey everyone,

I led the Orange Audubon walk at Mead Garden this morning.  I arrived at about 8:30 and left around 11:45.  There was some good stuff out there this morning.  There was also a good crowd of newbies and an excellent group of Mead regulars on-hand to help them.  It was a great morning.  Here's a list of what was seen this morning.  Please note that I personally did not see all these birds:

Wood Duck
Double-Crested Cormorant
Anhinga
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Tricolored Heron
Osprey
Mourning Dove
Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird (seen in the AM by others; still at the Butterfly Garden)
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker (1 - I missed this one)
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Wood-Pewee (3)
Eastern Phoebe
White-Eyed Vireo (2)
Red-Eyed Vireo (1)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Tufted Titmouse
House Wren (heard a couple)
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Gray-Cheeked Thrush (2)
Swainson's Thrush (2-3)
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Black-and-White Warbler (2)
Tennessee Warbler (1)
Common Yellowthroat (2)
American Redstart (4-5)
Northern Parula (5-6)
Bay-Breasted Warbler (2)
Blackburnian Warbler (1 - unfortunately I missed this one!)
Palm Warbler (30 plus)
Pine Warbler (15-20)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (3)
Northern Cardinal
Indigo Bunting (2)

Mead Garden is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Orlando Ave.) and Orange Ave. in Winter Park, north-central Orange County.  If any other birders saw anything else today, please chime in!

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.