Hey everyone,

This afternoon, I had a little more time after running an errand, so I stopped by the Shingle Creek Trail.  I was mostly looking for migrants, so I didn't bird the pine flatwoods portion of the preserve.  I arrived just before 4:30 and I was back in my car by 6:

Wood Stork (2)
Great Egret
Little Blue Heron
Tricolored Heron
White Ibis
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Bald Eagle (1 adult)
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Limpkin (1)
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
White-Eyed Vireo (1)
Tufted Titmouse
House Wren (4)
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Ruby-Crowed Kinglet (1)
Eastern Bluebird (1)
Swainson's Thrush (1)
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Ovenbird (1)
Black-and-White Warbler (1)
Common Yellowthroat (4)
American Redstart (1)
Palm Warbler (5)
Pine Warbler (3)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (1)
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle

The Shingle Creek Trail is between the International Drive corridor and the Hunter's Creek area in southern Orange County.  There are a couple of access points, but the one I always use is the trailhead behind the Hunter's Creek Middle School on Town Loop Blvd.

It was a great day to be outside, for sure!

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.