On Saturday, Oct. 20, about 2 pm, we saw 3 Scissor-tailed Flycatchers on a
remote vegetated spit on St. Vincent Island in Franklin County.  It was amazing
to watch them swirl their long tails around as they caught insects on the wing.
They seemed to prefer roosting at the top of a dead cedar tree, and spent a lot
of time picking prey off a saltbush shrub.  Loved the salmon pink underwings and
side body.

Most amazing of all, as I focussed my binocs on the birds, a female Northern
Harrier charged  just above them, and they quickly made themselves scarce.  A
thrill all around...

Susan Cerulean