This  AM about 8:15 I was on my usual walk at Bayard Conservation Area E of Green Cove Springs when an alarm call unfamiliar to me caught my attention. The source was in thick mostly hardwood vegetation but finally I got a nice view. My second sighting in NE FL of a Golden-crowned Kinglet. My first was on CBC at Middle Talbot Island more than 10 years ago. We often see them in AL but not FL. He was along Pearl's Trail near the first large main culvert in thick vegetation. I fiind this area the best for birds among all the areas we cover.

We have been away but returned last Wednesday. Birding has been slow but today there more action, no d oubt due to the cold front that passed through here yesterday. Today I had my FOS Ruby-crowned Kinglets (lots all over)  and Yellow-rumped Warblers. Lots of Catbirds since our return. Also had my first survey markers for the beltway that is to be started soon. It will take off the top Western tip of this water management conservation land and no doubt make birding by ear more challenging.

Good Birding to all,

Lenore McCullagh

Orange Park, Clay County