After work tonight, 10/30, I stopped off at the north jetty of Ponce de Leon Inlet, Volusia County. I stopped to watch a group of Barn Swallows feeding on the dunes. As I was watching the Barn Swallows, when I saw a gull coming in off the ocean with many other gulls. The wing beats just did not look right, so I took a closer look and it was 1st cycle Franklin's Gull. It flew into the Inlet and was heading to Disappearing Island to roost.

I went back to watching the swallows, when I found a Rough-winged Swallow with them. I continued watching them when another swallow came in with a buff-colored rump. It was a Cave Swallow. I found at least two.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet