This evening, 11/7,  at sunset I stopped off at Ponce de Leon Inlet to see what might be around when I found a flock of about 10 female Surf Scoters mixed in with female Black Scoters. This morning the Inlet was very active with Black Scoters. At least five flocks were sitting at the mouth of the Inlet and other groups were flying across the mouth of the Inlet. There were 100-150 Black Scoters there.

I also found at least one and possibly two female Black Scoters in the Halifax River along Halifax Drive about 1/2 mile south of Aunt Catfish's Restaurant in Port Orange.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL