I am pleased to announce the sixth annual Political Networks conference,
this year in Bloomington.  This has been a fun conference, and should be
better than ever this year, so I hope to see some of you there.

best,

David

"Political Networks in an Interdisciplinary World"

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Sixth Annual Political Networks Conference will be held June 26-29,
2013 at the Bloomington campus of Indiana University.

The study of political networks is a key component of the interdisciplinary
field of network science.  Network science provides various tools and
concepts with the potential to transform the study of governance and
politics by allowing political scientists to develop more realistic
theories and methods that capture important social aspects of political
life.   At the same time, political science can enhance the study of
networks by understanding the political dimensions of emerging
socio-technical networks as well as the policy implications of networks in
other domains such as medicine and health care. This conference aims to
strengthen this synergy and further demonstrate the importance of networks
as core to political life and a central topic of study in political science.

We are soliciting papers that apply network ideas, from substantive insight
to methodological innovation, in the fields of American Politics,
International Relations, Comparative Politics, Political Theory, Public
Administration, and Political Methodology.  We are particularly interested
in proposals that demonstrate the interdisciplinary synergy of network
science, including highlighting major findings of importance to political
science, how political science is influencing the overall direction of
network science, and how theories and methods from other disciplines might
be usefully adopted for the study of political phenomena.   Submissions are
encouraged from a wide range of disciplines including, but not limited to,
political science, sociology, economics, anthropology, psychology,
business, information systems, and complex systems.

Due to the success of the training sessions held in previous conferences,
we will continue to provide two days of workshops covering introductory and
advanced topics starting on June 26.

The full conference will kick off on June 27 with an opening reception and
keynote address, with a full schedule of panel presentations on June 28 and
29, including plenary addresses by Robert Huckfeldt (Political Networks:
State of the Science) and other speaker to be determined.

Details, including links to registration, links to accommodation (available
at attractive rates until the end of May), and application for aid will be
available at http://polnet2013.indiana.edu.

Please submit your ideas for papers and panels, and plan to attend the 6th
Annual Political Networks Conference.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

.       Mark Lubell (UC Davis)
.       Sandra González-Bailón (Oxford University)

IMPORTANT DATES

Feb 1, 2013: Deadline for paper and poster proposals.
March 15, 2013: Decisions announced
April 15, 2013: Acceptance deadline for presenters and discussants
May 31, 2013: Early registration deadline (to secure special hotel rates)

David Lazer *(pronounced as if it were Lazar)
*
Professor of Political Science and Computer and Information Science,
Northeastern University
Director, Program on Networked Governance, Harvard University

CHECK OUT:  VisPolitics.com <http://vispolitics.com/>

Virtual identities:
davidlazer.com
twitter.com/davidlazer