SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to
Here are the details:
"Multilevel Networks, session organised by Mark Tranmer"
Topics for the session might include:
1. The definition of multilevel networks
2. The kinds of inferences we want to make regarding multilevel networks
3. The way in which we might model them, given particular substantive aims
4. The types of multilevel network data that are available now
5. Methods for the collection of more multilevel network data
6. The kind of empirical settings that would be more useful for developing and testing multilevel network models.
Together with Alessandro Lomi and Garry Robins, I am planning to co-edit a special edition of Social Networks on the topic of Multilevel Social Networks.
Selected papers from this session may be invited to be included in the special edition.
I hope you will consider submitting to this session.
Dr Mark Tranmer
CCSR / Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis
School of Social Sciences
Humanities Bridgeford Street Building
University of Manchester
tel.: +44 (0) 161 275 4744
fax: +44 (0) 161 275 4722