A fellow birder posted on eBird finding Vesper and White-crowned Sparrows
on Canal St just south of Lake Jesup a couple days ago.  So I drove out
there this morning to see what I could find.  I didn't find a White-crowned
Sparrow, but I did find one Vesper Sparrow, two Grasshopper Sparrows, and
lots of Savannah Sparrows. The Vesper Sparrow was a lifer for me. I posted
photos of the sparrows and other birds from this morning at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/12/canal-st-field-1242012.html

Canal St. is in Oviedo just south of Lake Jesup and east of rte 434.
 There's no park or parking there, and there are no trespassing signs
everywhere, so be careful.

Happy birding!

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL