I have been receiving a lot of feedback from the "Friday Night Fun" quiz and I am glad a number of you enjoyed it.

There was one typo (at least) -- "Snow Egret" is, of course, is Snowy Egret.

#19 image answer should have been "sexed by", not  "aged by".

The cool thing about the feedback I got was so many had friends that were new to birding, or they themselves were relatively new to birding, and they really liked it.  The one response I got the biggest laugh out of was a woman with two friends new to birding who were trying to ID along with some Friday night wine (name and their answers are withheld, lol).

Re the Ruddy Turnstone, the most difficult one ... many of you knew the Purple Sandpiper and its location was Ponce Inlet, but a hint that was not picked up on was the big rocks (as in Ponce Inlet since the Purple Sandpiper also there) and that Ruddy Turnstones love to hang out with Purple Sandpipers.  Purple Sandpipers are almost exclusively on rocky shores, the Turnstones love that also but not exclusively--you see them on sandy beaches and near the shore.  Trying to ID the species by top-side feathers, no head?  Yes, that's a challenge.

Enjoy your upcoming week.

Bob Stalnaker
Longwood, FL

Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:44 AM
Subject: Thanks for quiz!

Thanks so much for the bird quiz you posted on the Florida
Birds list!  It was fun and very instructive to relative newcomers to the
birding world!  Keep it up.

Best wishes,
Harry & Anita Parks