I returned to Lighthouse Point Park at Ponce Inlet this morning in the
hopes of finding a Razorbill, and my father, who's in town for Christmas,
located one with his scope far off the jetty.  It was very far away (I
probably would not have been able to identify it with my binoculars), the
winds were strong and the waves were high, and the Razorbill appeared to be
spending a lot of time under water. So I didn't get any photos.

Black Skimmers, though, were a very different story. There were many there,
and a couple were actively bathing and skimming by the shore. We also found
Herring, Ring-billed and Laughing Gulls, plus Royal and Sandwich Terns.
Also fun was seeing a Northern Gannet fly relatively close to shore--one
flew right over the jetty beyond where you're allowed to walk.  We found
several species of shorebirds, Willet, Sanderling, Ruddy Turnstone, and one
Spotted Sandpiper. We found a small flock of Black Scoters flying south, a
few Lesser Scaup doing the same, and one Red-breasted Merganser also doing
the same.  As we walked up the inlet towards the lighthouse, we came across
two Reddish Egrets, one Common Loon, and a few dolphin.

And on a sad note, we found one Double-crested Cormorant that appears to
have a fish hook lodged in its mouth.  I think it happened when I was
there, too, since I heard it give a loud call from the shore and then fly
away rather erratically. My photo shows fishing line and a sinker dangling
from its mouth.

I posted photos at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/12/ponce-inlet-12262012.html

Happy birding,