Dear All,

Diane Wears asked me to post this sighting. Today 12/28/12 Diane and her husband Robert Wears found a Razorbill about 2 PM on the ocean side of Huguenot. They are familiar with the bird having seen them in the NE, Maine I think, and Scotland. The bird was alone in fairly close to the beach. They observed him with bins and scope.

They drove into the park, taking the first left to beach access.  After driving to the left around the lagoon and coming to the point where one can continue to the left or straight ahead to the beach, they drove to the beach. There a bit to the North they saw numerous good things, A Red-throated Loon etc and then the Razorbill by himself.

Tomorrow, if you are out and see the bird in the area please call me 904 6352201. I will be close by with the count.

Good birding to all,

Lenore McCullagh

Orange Park, Clay County, FL